The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024:
- The Ireland scholarships for international students 2024 are funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council, Government of Ireland
- Research master’s degree
- Structured research master’s degree
- Traditional doctoral degree
- Structured doctoral degree
One to four years depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of first registration (where applicable).
- Government of Ireland Research Master’s Degree Scholarship Duration: 1 Year
- Government of Ireland Structured Research Master’s Scholarship Duration: 2 Years
- Government of Ireland Traditional Doctoral Degree Scholarship Duration: 3 Years
- Government of Ireland Structured Doctoral Scholarship Duration: 4 Years
Eligible fields for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Eligible Universities under the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024:
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
Benefits of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024:
- The student will get a stipend of €19,000 per year.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fee.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Individual, significant rewards will be given to candidates in their own names for outstanding research.
- Global, independent expert peer evaluation as part of an objective selection process
- The candidates will get to study at the world’s leading universities in Ireland.
- The scholarship also non-European Union fees for candidates which will be up to €5,750.
Eligibility Criteria of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship:
- The applicants can be of any age in order to apply for the Ireland scholarship.
- Prior to accessing an application form, all applicants must take and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system.
- All applicants must be linked with an Eligible university listed above.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor`s Degree for pursuing a Master’s and a Master`s Degree for pursuing PhD Applications.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive reports of the applicants.
- In order to be considered, applicants must not have failed twice in their previous applications for the same program. This is true whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their last submission.
- Students waiting for their Results can also apply. However, they must get provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- The applicants must have first-class or upper-second-class degrees.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have previously held an Irish Research Council scholarship.
- All applicants must have a willing supervisor who can’t guide them on their research projects during their studies in Ireland.
- The candidates who have research topics related to; humans, Human modification (except for cancer research), and the production of human embryos.
Government of Ireland Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The scholarship will be opened on 31 August 2023 and the deadline is 12 October 2023.