Each year Gates Cambridge offers full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- University of Cambridge
- One-year postgraduate course
Benefits of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-2025:
- The total study cost will be covered by this scholarship.
- An annual maintenance allowance of 20,000 will be provided.
- The visa cost will be covered.
- An economy class one-time airfare will be provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge will be covered.
- Additional academic development funds up to £500-£2000 will be given to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the course length.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship costs or the cost of any unforeseen difficulty.
- Fieldwork Allowance
- Maternity/Paternity funding
Eligibility Criteria of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2024-2025:
- All international graduates except UK nationals can apply.
- The applicants must have an excellent academic background.
- The applicant must have contacted the supervisor and be accepted by the supervisor to continue his/her research.
- The applicant must be able to defend his/her choice of course.
Required Documents for Gates Cambridge University Scholarship:
- Personal statement of no more than 3000 characters.
- The PhD candidates have to submit a research proposal. Even if the application for a course or college does not require a research proposal, the Gates scholarship has this requirement as a mandatory one.
- Three reference letters (One can be from a current employee if needed.
Gates Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The deadline for International students is either 5 December 2023 or 4 January 2024, depending on the course
- The deadline for US citizens is 11 October 2023.