Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada 2023
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023 is designed to retain the best minds in Canada. The funding is for the first-class world postdoctoral applicants who excel in their research and academics. The Banting fellowship in Canada 2022 is available for both national and international scholars. As the purpose of the Banting Postdoctoral fellowship program is to develop leadership qualities amount the top and highly talented top-tier postdoctoral minds. The fellowship also expects to make the research leaders for future generations.
Under the Vanier Banting fellowship program, there are a total of 70 annual fellowships which are equally divided among three Canadian institutes i.e. Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). These three federal institutions are responsible for the selection of candidates. However, the Vanier Banting Secretariate is responsible for day by day affairs of the program. These federal tri-agencies work in complete collaboration with the Vanier Banting Secretariate in order to ensure equity and eliminate bias during the selection process.
The Banting postdoctoral fellowships program for national and international scholars comprises of $70,000 award on an annual basis for two years. The candidates for this award are directly proposed by the host institutions. The Banting fellowship is very exclusive because of its emphasis on the collaboration and synchronization between the postdoc scholars and the host institutions. The program makes sure the scholar’s research is aligned with the priorities of the host institute that’s why the applicant’s application is processed by the host institution. The complete application process is discussed in detail in the following paragraphs.
The Banting fellowships highly entertain the applications that represent the commitment of scholars towards originality and towards a sustainable research ecosystem. Thus the program works on the basis of equity, diversity, and inclusion and provides equitable opportunities to both national and international students. In order to get selected for this fellowship, the scholar must keep in mind the following technical things. This article is a complete guide to get Vanier Banting Canadain fellowship for postdoctoral scholars. As this is a completely merit-based fellowship, one must not skip a single tiny detail.
• Government of Canada
Banting Fellowship Duration:
• 2 years.
No. of Fellowships:
• 70 awards
Benefits of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2023:
• $ 70,000 CAD will be paid annually.
• The scholars will get a chance to work on their research program under the best Canadian supervisors.
• The fellowships are awarded on an equitable basis.
Eligibility Criteria of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023:
• The applicants must have completed their PhD, PhD equivalent of health professional degree between September 15, 2018, and September 30, 2022, or before the start date of the fellowship.
• Applicants who are not Canadian or permanent residents of Canada can hold the fellowship only in Canadian institutes.
• Applicants who are Canadian or permanent residents of Canada and have their PhD in a foreign institute will only be eligible if they continue their postdoc in a Canadian institute.
• Applicants who are Canadian or permanent residents of Canada and also have completed their PhD or equivalent in a Canadian institute or in a foreign institute.
• The award is only available once in a lifetime.
• Only those scholars are eligible who are nominated by the hos institutions.
• Scholars of all nationalities cab apply but international students continue the program in Canada for international scholars.
• Applicants must contact the desired supervisor and confirm the eligibility of the institute for Banting fellowships.
How to apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023?
• The applicants have to apply through a ResearchNet account.
• The candidates have to create a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV) and then upload it to the ResearchNet application.
• The candidates have to apply through their host institutions.
• Every institution has its own deadline, so the applicant must apply before the international of the institute.
Application Process of the Banting Fellowships in Canada 2023:
• The application must be submitted either in English or in the French language.
• The application must include the following documents.
◦ Identification of the area of research
◦ Identification of referees and participants.
◦ Information of the research proposal and all the supporting documents.
• The application documents must be prepared in accordance with the prescribed standards.
• Fill in all the requirements of the application otherwise, you will be rendered ineligible.
• Before submitting the application the candidate must have to give consent.
Banting Fellowship Application Deadline:
• The application deadline for the fellowship is 21 September 2022 (20:00 EDT).