GLOBAL INTERN PROGRAM IN SOUTH KOREA 2020 – GIST INTERNSHIP
The Global Internship Program is for those of you who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the GIST. The duration of the paid international internship in Korea is 8 weeks and will be held from June 18, 2020 – August 13, 2020.
International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students from all over the world can apply for this amazing internship opportunity. The GIST will cover Airfare, Accommodation, Korean Language Class, Cultural Class, Special Lectures, Stipend, Health Insurance, and Culture Exploration. You can apply without IELTS/TOEFL score if you can submit a certificate of English language proficiency issued from your home institution.
Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor. It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
Available Internship Areas for GIP Internship
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physics and Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Institute of Integrated Technology
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
Selected students for International Internships South Korea will be receiving the following benefits:
- Research in a world best labs from GIST Graduate Schools
- Half of Round-trip Airfare
- Monthly Stipend
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Special Lectures
- Korean Language Classes
- Korean Cultural Classes
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- Before applying, please check the GIP eligibility requirements. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in your application not being processed.
- Check GIP eligibility requirements. GIP is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements application forms will not be considered.
- Applicants should indicate two preferred laboratories in the application form and upload the research plan. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying for the GIP program, you are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Failure to abide by GIST regulations or Korean law will result in immediate dismissal at your own expense.
- Each individual School/Department has its own process to select interns, and the Section of International Cooperation (SIC) has no ability to influence that processor to alter the decision. Furthermore, SIC is not provided with any information regarding why an applicant may or may not have been selected.
- The application deadline for the Global Intern Program South Korea 2020 is March 6th, 2020.