International Student Festival of HARKAT is the largest student event in Iran. The festival is organized by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran and hosted by different universities since 2008. The concept of the festival is to gather students from different parts of the world in a combination of a festival and an exhibition. The festival aims at encouraging student projects and activities, fostering inspiration and being a starting point for international cooperation amongst students. The festival is open for students from all over the world and is a meeting platform for young people with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. It is a place where young people get to know each other, establish new friendships and discuss various topics, from different points of view. Last year 85 students from 54 different countries and 300 students from Iran participated in the festival, which was hosted by the University of Isfahan. This festival is a place to experience unforgettable moments, meet new friends and learn about different cultures in an interesting and unique way. This international youth event will include workshops and meetings in addition to the cultural program.
In 2020, the festival will be hosted in Tabriz and jointly organized by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran and Western Asian Development Institute.
SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture, art, and history through immersive activities
- Opportunity to interact with students from all Iranian universities and also different countries
- Presenting your project or idea in an international event
- Free lodging and boarding (accommodation and all meals during the event)
- Visa Letter if needed (E-visa, with no stamp in the passport)
- Free airport transfer
- Free domestic transfer (from Tehran to Tabriz and back)
- Free tours to historical and natural attractions in Tehran and Tabriz
- Free festival gifts and souvenirs
- Certificate of Participation International flight tickets and visa fees are not included and this is the responsibility of participants to cover these costs.
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply
- There is no limitation in terms of disciplines, study fields or scientific backgrounds
- Being currently a student is not mandatory. Graduated students and young activists are also eligible to apply.
- Age 18 to 38 years old
- Able to communicate in English
- All participants should present a student activity run by themself, their university or their group. Student or youth projects from any fields are eligible to apply
In 2018, festival participants took part in different workshops, which highlighted collaboration and creativity. Several lectures and thematic meetings were arranged, where students of different universities in Iran presented their activities and projects. Through workshops, close communication and cooperation, interactive lectures and various open activities, students gained new knowledge and exchanged ideas
The 11th International Student Festival of HARKAT, which was generally aimed at young students and scholars, had a different structure from previous periods. In addition to presenting the achievements of student activities around the world, this section includes courses, cultural programs, Iranian-Islamic history art, diverse visits, and teamwork. Overall, the event was a mutual opportunity for both the participants and the host university to further promote and develop international student communication.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
You can present any student-run project or activity. Even if you have an idea, you are eligible to apply and present your project. There are two categories in order to participate in the festival:
1- Individual participants: If you are currently an enrolled student (or recently graduated) and you have an idea or you have implemented a project and you are willing to present it in an international student festival, you can easily apply via the following link.
2- Group participants: If you are a group of students (or recently graduated) and you have a group idea or project, one of the members of the group must fill the following form and put details of all other participants in the related section. If your idea/project is accepted, all members of the group are automatically admitted to participate in the festival. Maximum total number of participants for each group is 3.
- Just fill the following form via the application link from 10 March 2020.
- 2- Selected applicant will be contacted up to 15 March 2020.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 10 March 2020.