NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2021 (Fully Funded)
National Institute of Genetics (NIG)/ Department of Genetics, SOKENDAI offers a research internship program for undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Intern students will conduct independent research under the mentorship of a host investigator at NIG.
Our program includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to discuss with individual principal investigators. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience as the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate to those who have successfully completed the program. Interns can also participate in various activities such as graduate program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars by outstanding researchers from inside and outside of NIG. Japanese language classes are also available.
SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Round Airfare Travel Tickets Costs will be Covered.
- Local Transportation Fares between the airport in Japan and NIG.
- Free Lodging/Accommodation in the Institute’s Guesthouse.
- Travel Insurance during the program.
- Allowance for Meals (1,500JPY/day, subject to change) will also be provided.
- The NIG Internship is an international internship & students from any Nationality are eligible to Apply.
- Both Undergraduates & Post Graduates students are eligible.
- Applicants are eligible who are in the 3rd Year of a 4-Year Bachelor Program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year Master program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Letter of Motivation/Self Advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned Academic Transcript
- Two recommendation letters of your Teachers
7th January 2021