The 6th Youth Leadership Workshop in Seoul From 25 to 31 May 2020. (FULLY FUNDED)
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 25 to 31 May 2020.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED, human rights, and peace building through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will also make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
SCHOLARSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
The UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop 2020 is a Fully Funded International Conference in Korea. It will cover all the expenses.
- Free Accommodation
- Meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop
- APCEIU will also cover the Round-Trip International Airfare to and from Seoul, Korea.
- Certificates of completion will be offered.
- Between 19 and 28 years of age (born between 1991 and 2000)
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries. Check UNESCO Member Countries Here.
- Check ODA recipient countries Here.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Applicants should be youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and UNESCO.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Application for the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED must be submitted before 17 March 2020 (KST 23:59). Successful applicants will be notified by 26 March 2020. Travel expenses and Workshop fees will be covered by APCEIU for the selected participants (participants will be responsible for the domestic travel expenses and visa fees in their own countries).
- Contact Information: Office of Education and Training
- Email: Training@unescoapceiu.org / Telephone: +82-2-774-3956 (ext. 802)
- Attached: Concept Note of the 6th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED
The deadline for the submission of applications is 17th March 2020.