World Forum for democracy 2020 (Fully Funded)
Date: November 16 – 18, 2020 in France
The World Forum for Democracy is a platform for global dialogue and democratic participation which brings new ideas into the work of the Council of Europe and promotes its principles across the world. A unique event of its kind, it deals with challenges facing democracy, taking innovative initiatives and practices as a starting point and fostering constructive debate to find solutions. A democratic exercise, the Forum aims at giving the people – demos – their rightful place in political decision-making. It thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Climate activism
- Participatory practices for the environment
- Defending the defenders of the environment
- Local partnerships guiding behavior change within communities
- Deliberative democracy and public policy
- Environmental entrepreneurship
- Global environmental justice
- Public-private partnerships for environmental protection
- Inequality and intersectionality facing climate change
- Digitalisation at the service of the environment
- Innovations in youth activism, youth mobilization for the environment
- Environmental education, training, and awareness-raising
- Use of new technologies to combat climate change
- Protecting biodiversity, ecosystems
- Sustainable development
- Green lobbying
Any public or private organization is eligible to apply.
Travel and accommodation expenses may be covered by the Council of Europe if required. In case travel and large gatherings will not be possible in November 2020, the World Forum for Democracy may be held under a different format.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Submissions should be made by answering the questionnaire in the appendix and sending it to email@example.com by 30 June 2020.
The deadline for application is 30 June 2020.