Applications are open for the Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) Southeast Asia Innovation Programme 2020. The fully funded Innovation Programme focuses on shaping you into an innovator, and enables you to work in strong teams or individually to create lasting solutions to Southeast Asia’s pressing Energy, Food & Circular Economy problems.
Dive into 1 of 3 focus areas, each with its unique opportunities and challenges to drive impact and build a start-up with immense market potential. They support people who have the potential and the willingness to create tangible social impact.
So if you’re applying in search of a founding team, fantastic! They specialize in forging strong regional teams and supporting them during their initial phases of running an impact company. If you prefer to work on your idea alone, not to worry! Their own curriculum and knowledge bank is designed to help you create a startup from scratch with or without a team.
The programme will provide you with the frameworks, mentorship and resources to start a company which enables you to bring your ideas in any of the 3 focus areas into reality.
- Energy Transitions
- Future of Food and Agriculture
- Circular Economy
- Open to 18 – 35 years old Southeast Asian residents
- Current or aspiring entrepreneurs looking to create an impact start-up who are looking for a founding team, or are confident in being a solo founder
- Committed individuals with a passion for one of the 3 focus areas and a drive to see through the implementation of a solution and execution of their business plan
- People who have one (or more) of the following:
- Demonstrated a track record of action to address issues related to a focus area
- Has technical expertise to create software or hardware solutions
- Has started or played a key role in a start-up in an area unrelated to sustainability
There are 3 rounds in the application process, each with specific purposes. Anyone eligible is welcome to apply for Round 1. Those who qualify for subsequent rounds will be informed via email.
- Round 1 (Dec 15, 2019 – Jan 18, 2020): Programme comprehension and motivation assessment
- Round 2 (Feb 1, 2020 – Feb 8, 2020): Value alignment and skills assessment
- Round 3 (Feb 13, 2020 – Feb 25, 2020): Final interviews
January 18, 2020